EXTECH’s TECHVENT 5300 is a patented top-hinged industrial polycarbonate windows system that is designed to stay open during normal rainfall while keeping the interior dry. It provides massive natural lighting and ventilation and is great for new construction or retrofit work. It can be operated either manually or electrically with an optional control system available, and it is available with thermally broken framing. The TECHVENT 5300 is a very versatile system that can be installed in an individual punched opening or in continuous clerestory wings.
The TECHVENT 5300 can also work as an operating skylight by installing it on a slope. Available in both glass and polycarbonate, it’s a highly durable system even in the most demanding environments.
TECHVENT 5300 industrial windows offer the advantages of a typical metal louver plus provide natural light and ventilation during inclement weather. They are effective in a variety of applications, but favored for industrial purposes.
Further benefits and details
- Provides natural light and massive natural ventilation. Does much more than a louver
- Patented top-hinged design allows operating windows to be left open during normal rainfall
- Operated manually or electrically (with optional control systems)
- Optional thermally-broken framing
- Robust construction holds up to abusive industrial environments
- Accepts glass or polycarbonate up to 1" thick
- Available with Class A thermoplastic glazing attaining up to an R-3.8 insulating factor
- Finish on aluminum framing can be your choice of anodized or high-performance factory baked paints
- Continuous units — factory assembled sections feature interlocking vertical mullions. Can be installed as smaller units
- Deep glazing pockets (rabbet depth) accommodate thermal movement of thermoplastic glazing
- "Dry glazed" —low friction gasketing to maintain good air and water infiltration seals, while allowing for thermal movement of the thermoplastic glazing
- Can be incorporated into other EXTECH wall systems
- Fast installation from the exterior or interior, allowing for minimal disruption to building operations
- Can be installed on a slope to form operating skylights
- Vents available in individual units or in "wings" up to 150'0" wide
- Typical height of top-hinged windows is 3-8' tall
- Manufactured in the U.S.A.
- Operating hardware:
- Manual push bar type
- Manual mechanical operators (chain pull or hand crank — rack and pinion type)
- Electric mechanical operators
- Standard push-out with cam handles
Case Study: Data Center for a Leading Global Technology Provider
Project: Data Center for a Leading Global Technology Provider
Location: North Carolina
Architect: O'Brien/Atkins Associates, PA
System: TECHVENT 5300
A leading global technology provider specializing in storage-efficiency and cloud capabilities was expanding fast. They were rapidly outgrowing their Research & Development facility, and needed to build a new one to accommodate their increasing workforce and mounting client demands. While the need was immediate, the expansion couldn’t be hasty – it had to meet the client's high sustainability and energy-conserving standards Read more
TECHVENT 5300 CAD 3.12 MB