EXTECH's GRIDLOCK is a glass block grid system that “snaps in” – no mortar, glue, or tape necessary. This snap-in technology delivers shorter installation times – no need to wait for adhesive to dry, and no disruptions to pedestrian traffic – and simplifies the installation process because no masonry is required.
The GRIDLOCK mortarless glass block system utilizes lightweight, prefabricated aluminum frames that are also easily and quickly installed – a huge advancement over traditional mortar and heavy pre-glazed systems. A variety of framing patterns and finishes allow you to create stylish structures that lock in long-term performance.
GRIDLOCK is great for industrial and transit applications, and can be used for windscreens, shelters, partitions, and even accent walls. The system utilizes 2-inch thick glass blocks, which are nearly unbreakable, provide superior graffiti resistance, and deliver the safety and comfort of daylighting.
GRIDLOCK Snap-In System
Further benefits and details
- Solid glass blocks (2” thickness) are nearly unbreakable
- Individual 8”x 8” (nominal) glass block units simply snapped and permanently “locked” into place
- Simple block “snap-in to replace” eliminates need to remove sealants or adhesives
- Creative Art-in-Transit opportunities. (i.e. unlimited framing colors, etched or back screened glass blocks)
- Anodized or painted rigid aluminum framing, provides unmatched durability and vandal resistance
- Glass offers superior graffiti resistance and natural daylighting
- Provides high degree of visual clarity for safety and security
- Nearly zero maintenance - simple pressure wash cleaning
- No ledges to collect dirt and debris
- Unlike mortared systems, joints will not deteriorate, effloresce, build-up dirt or discolor
- Fully gasketed joints
- No exposed fasteners
- Optional bond patterns available
- Light-weight, pre-fabricated aluminum frames are easily and quickly installed versus traditional mortar or heavy pre-glazed systems
- Can be adapted to various existing opening sizes
- Capable of long structural spans
- Manufactured in the U.S.A.