EXTECH's SKYSHADE 8000 is a long spanning, standing seam canopy that offers continuous mullions that rigidly clamp translucent, structural cellular polycarbonate glazing (CPG) panels. It provides daylighting, UV screening, impact resistance, and is able to withstand extreme wind loads. SKYSHADE 8000’s ability to combat against extreme wind makes it the perfect system for areas that are hurricane prone. It's long panels also eliminate the need for horizontal interruptions in the glazing.
The SKYSHADE 8000 is built with the most advanced aluminum clamping framing system in the industry. EXTECH’s framing system uses low friction gaskets that accommodate the thermal movement that is inherent to polycarbonate panels of any significant length. This eliminates noise from thermal movement and provides for a longer system lifespan. It's all smooth upper surface gives SKYSHADE 8000 an aesthetically unique and contemporary look unlike any other system on the market.
These benefits make the SKYSHADE 8000 system an ideal and economical choice for commercial and industrial canopies, pavilions, and walkway covers.
Further details and benefits
- Unique patented, clamping rafter using standing seam structural cellular translucent panels.
- Designed especially for high wind and snow loading conditions. Tested to loads in excess of 160 psf at 8’ spans.
- Slopes as low as 2:12 (Consult with Extech for slopes below 2:12)
- Rafters with internal guttering system
- Rafter to polycarbonate panel connection tested to resist large missile impact per ASTM E1996 & E1886 protocols as well as TAS 201 & 203 to 8’ spans.
- Water tested per ASTM E-331 to 12 psf
- System can be self-supporting to required loads or act as an overlay to structure by others.
- Meets CC-1, Class A rating per ASTM E-84 for flame spread as required by the International Building Code (IBC) IBC section 3105.3 for awnings and canopy coverings
- Also meets ASTM E-84, class A for smoke generation
- Panels individually replaceable.
- Panels available in matte finish, low solar heat gain versions, variety of colors, to provide character and even diffuse lighting without glare.
- Designed for continuous glazed panel runs up to 54’ long without leak prone intermediate horizontal mullions
- Head and sill conditions can be framed or unframed.
- Wide variety of edge detail options.
- Rafter shapes can be customized. Consult with Extech for more details.
- LEED credits available for 100% recyclable polycarbonate and aluminum framing
- Delivered fully fabricated ready for installation.
- Manufactured in the U.S.A.
SKYSHADE 8000 Specification 52.50 KB
- Air Infiltration (ASTM E-283): .03 cfm per square foot at 12 PSF
- Water Infiltration (ASTM E-331): No leakage at 12 PSF
- Structural (ASTM E-330): Exceeds positive and negative 90 PSF (188 mph)
- Condensation Resistance Factor (CRF) of 60 (AAMA 1503.1-88)