EXTECH/Exterior Technologies, Inc. is a select service provider of engineering design, fabrication, and installation of Geolam hybrid aluminum/WPC profiles.
Geolam is a hybrid aluminum/WPC (Wood Polymer Composite) product that is an ideal alternative to traditional wood. Made from recycled wood, applications built with Geolam are visually identical to traditional wooden structures but are easier to maintain, won’t decay, and can be bent to different radii and in different directions, among other benefits. It is an ideal material for building facades and façade trim because of its high durability.
Geolam is created with an innovative and patented hybrid technology that takes recycled aluminum, resin, and wood and extrudes them together under heat. The combination of these three materials gives Geolam profiles exceptionally superior features - they are three times lighter, four times more stable and eight times more rigid than alternative WPC profiles. Available in a variety of colors and textures, Geolam delivers the natural look of traditional wood but is far more resilient, malleable, and environmentally sustainable.
Further benefits and details
- Environmental sustainability – Geolam is made from post-consumer materials and is fully recyclable itself. It possesses the Eco Mark Label, a designation given to products that “display a true respect for the planet, guaranteeing amongst other things, absolutely no danger to human health.”
- Contains no chlorine, CFC’s, PVC’s, formaldehyde glues, or solvents
- LEED credits available for post-consumer and recyclable materials
- Highly durable; not susceptible to corrosion, splintering, fading, or decay (deteriorations that affect traditional wood)
- No treatment required
- Easy to maintain and clean – can be washed with soapy water or a high pressure hose. Unlike traditional wood, its surface remains consistent, and does not shed fibers, enhancing product longevity
- Extremely light, making it easy, safe, and inexpensive to install
- Fully fabricated
- Can be bent to different radii and directions, unlike traditional wood which can only be bent in the direction of the fiber
- Physically stronger and more stable than any other wood-fiber composite product
- The 8:1 volume ratio of wood to plastic provides a more wood-like look and feel than other WPC profiles
- Can be customized to meet the needs of the project
- Available in a wide variety of colors and textures
- Approved building envelope material under the Buy America Act
- Systems fabricated in the U.S.A.
The tests were carried out in France. Results obtained: Fire control category France (NF P92-507): M1 or M2 or M3.
This is the equivalent of:
- Fire control category Germany (DIN 4102-1): A2-B1
- Fire control category EU (EN1350-1-1): A2-C
CAREO Trim CAD file 22.01 KB
RONDO Trim CAD file 13.76 KB
SOLEO Trim 11⁄8" x 5" CAD file 33.02 KB
SOLEO Trim 11⁄4" x 2" CAD File 26.20 KB
SOLEO Trim 21⁄16" x 5" CAD File 15.13 KB
SOLEO Trim 11⁄4" x 4" CAD File 12.76 KB
SOLEO Trim 1 5/8" x 3 5/8" CAD File 12.91 KB
SOLEO Trim 1 1/2" x 2 3/8" CAD File 13.88 KB
SOLEO Trim 1 1/4" x 1 1/2" CAD File 14.07 KB
SOLEO Trim 1 1/4" x 2 3/8" CAD File 15.26 KB
SOLEO Trim 13⁄8" x 3" CAD File 17.20 KB
SOLEO Trim 2" x 4 1/8" CAD File 14.29 KB
VERTIGO Cladding CAD File 27.83 KB