Slippery Rock Area High School Project Details
Location: Slippery Rock, PA
Architect: Burt Hill Kosar Rittlemann Associates
System: SKYSHADE 3100
This simple entrance canopy over the entry to the school building was an important element in the overall design. EXTECH designed, fabricated, and installed the entire assembly. The green panels are one of the standard colors available with EXTECH's standing seam systems, but our SKYSHADE 3100 (seen here) is available in many translucencies and colors.
The benefits of the SKYSHADE 3100 system make it an ideal and economical choice for commercial and industrial canopies, pavilions, and walkway covers. Advantages of this canopy system include:
- Fully fabricated – dramatically reduces field labor for installation.
- Polycarbonate panels up to 54 feet long eliminate the need for leak-prone horizontal joints.
- Translucent polycarbonate battens 23 3/4" on center
- Snap Fit joinery provides clean appearance without the need for vertical framing
- Highly impact resistant
- Lightweight panels install easily and reduce installation costs
- Provides comfortable, diffused daylight
- Works well for new construction and retrofit
- Built with the most advanced aluminum perimeter framing systems in the industry
- Low friction gaskets provide long lifespan
- LEED credits available for 100% recyclable polycarbonate and aluminum framing
- Panels are available in a variety of colors; framing is available in a variety of finishes
- Available in ASTM E-84 Class A, CC-1 fire rated material
- Manufactured in the U.S.A.